3.30.2009

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.

Music is a major part of my life. Not to say that I'm musically talented. Because I’m not. At all. Period. Quite the contrary, actually. I’m a tone deaf girl who cant sing or ever really been able to play any kind of instrument. I used to be able to play a little bit on the piano, which was hard because I can’t read music. Now I’m limited to playing “Chopsticks” and “Ode to Joy” because those are easy to memorize.

No, when I say music is a major part of my life, I mean simply listening to music. Almost everyone that knows me knows that I’m pretty much obsessed with music, especially Contemporary Christian Music. I bet my friends get sick of me talking about all these different types of bands all the time. But, honestly, listening to the hearts and souls of all these different people brings me so much happiness! It soothes my soul when I’m upset or angry. It keeps me company during the 4 hour drive home and then back to school. When I’m lonely, it’s always there to cheer me up.

It’s so bad, I had to go out and buy a new 16GB iPod because the 4GB didn’t hold enough music. It held up to 1000 songs, and I still constantly had to delete some songs to load other ones. I thought the 16GB would be enough…I’m not so sure now though… :)

And recently, I’ve been on an “Aussie Band” kick. I’ve found 20 or so Australian bands that I’ve fallen in love with, thanks to myspace! :P The cool part is that they actually talk to me. I know, I know, I’m so cheesy, wanting to talk to bands like that (shocking confession! lol ). Several of them actually initiated the conversation. Call me cheesy, but they’re real people and it’s fun to talk to them and see what they say back, as opposed to American bands who never respond, thus proving how snobby Americans can be.

I now have another confession to make – I have a new cheesy schoolgirl dream. I want to marry an Australian musician and move away with him to the land down under. ;D I mean, whatever God’s will is for my life, I’ll gladly accept it no matter what because I know He knows best. But, because I’m human and stubborn and all that, I’m just adding my 2 cents in… :) Although it would be hard and a little bit scary to have to relearn how to drive on the wrong side of the road in the wrong side of the car….and the backward seasons would take some getting used to. But, I’d gladly learn to deal with it. Maybe it’s the accent…………………..

Anyway, I’ve just been thinking about all this for some reason. Random, I know. But, then again, I can be a very random person sometimes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment